Choosing the Perfect AC for You
Air conditioning is an exciting investment for your home, so it’s natural to want to do it right! If you’re looking for the perfect air con for your home, there are several factors to consider before making your final choice. That’s why we’ve put together this quick guide, to help you put together your own shortlist of requirements for your new AC.
Different Types of Air Con: Which Is Best?
At MAC we offer our domestic customers two different options for their chosen air conditioning type, wall-mounted, and floor-mounted.
We can also offer ducted systems, although these are not as well suited for residential properties and we recommend this type of air conditioning for commercial use only.
Deciding which of these types as well as which specific unit you want can depend on a number of factors, such as their intended uses, practicalities for your home, features – and even aesthetics!
Wall Mounted Air Con
- Most popular unit type in the UK
- Variety of options for positioning and aesthetics
- Well suited to residential settings and smaller areas
- You can purchase these systems directly from our website using our online calculator
Floor-Mounted Air Con
- Floor standing
- Occupies same spaces as traditional radiators
- Suited to small spaces, like below a window or in conservatories/lofts
- If you have any queries on floor mounted systems, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ducted Air Con
- Design hides ductwork/unit, except for discreet grilles
- These larger systems are optimised for commercial locations but if you have any further queries about these systems for your business, you can send us an email to email@example.com
Practicalities: Room and System Size
Physical practicalities include choosing an air con system that’s right for your room size and a system that fits well within your space. The structural layout of your room or whole home may also influence this.
Our online calculator tool will help you find an air con unit that fits all your practical and structural requirements so that you can focus on the fun bits!
State of the Art Features
Technology is constantly updating, and so up-to-date AC can have so many features and settings that it gets overwhelming! Some of these extras can be useful, but other modes may not be as important to you and your home.
Features to look out for and questions to ask:
- How loud is it?
- Does it have WIFI controls?
- Is there a backlit or wireless controller?
- What timer function does it have?
- What mode settings does the system have?
How Does it Look?
In the last few years, people have spent more time in their homes than ever before, and so it’s natural to want any new additions to fit into your style. Our range of units covers all types of design preferences, including slimmer chic models, modern square systems, and flat front units that blend in with your décor. We also offer some of our models in a range of colours as well as glossy or matte finishes!